I think I expressed myself pretty clearly on what to do with SS, or at least what not to do. Some of the other names floating around are nearly as over-hyped. I say nearly because Stamkos is actually highly talented. Some of the other players I don’t see a point to the Boston Bruins chasing this silly season.
- Max Talbot. Good player, fairly young not too shabby as a third or fourth line player. But, the Bruins already have another guy just like him, Chris Kelly, who is a known quantity and fits in.
- James Wiesnewski, not only is he less effective on a per minute basis on the powerplay than Kaberle he’s actually “talented” enough to get suspended for doing something to Sean Avery.
- Steve Montador. ’nuff said.
- Sami Salo. Aging, fragile, shrinking production.
- Ville Leino. Soft, inconsistent, and some have questioned his desire to play in the NHL.
- Simon Gagne. F.R.A.G.I.L.E.
- Nikolai Zherdev. See Leino.
- Ben Eagar. If we’re gonna have a pure goon, can’t we trade for Orr?
- Marek Svatos. Five teams, three leagues, two seasons.
Some of these guys might not manage to do be a disaster, but why take the risk.