Last night was a fairly physical, not very sharp game from both teams. Two fights, Nathan Horton vs Craig Adams and Shawn Thornton vs Mike Rupp. Given that the Bruins and Penguins are two of the top three teams for fighting, only two fights is something of a surprise.
- No one really stepped up, several players had decent games with Krejci finally breaking double digits for goals, and Chara opening the scoring, Seidenberg had a fairly good night as well, and Peverley looked good filling in for Bergeron in some situations. That said without Patrice Bergeron who is the teams magic smoke, they were frequently disjointed.
- It was not a high scoring game, but there were seventy shots on goal, and thirty one blocked shots. Many of them were poor shots, but mostly the game came down to scrambling and turnovers.
- The top goalies were in net, and both did well.
- Jordan Staal played a leisurely 20:42 with one goal and and even split in faceoffs.
- Special teams was a draw, the Bruins kept the Penguins to zero shots during a penalty kill, but neither team did anything remarkable.