These guys could get paid and paid big today. They aren’t Steven Stamkos or Keith Yandle, but they are the best in a very tight market for talent.
- Kyle Okposo Possibly the best known right wing available. Risky, but for the several desperate teams, he’s a very attractive figure.
- Luke Schenn, his coaches either love him or bench him and it is hard to say which defense starved team will drop the trump card for this physical, right shooting blueliner.
- Chad Johnson, let’s face it he might not be as flamboyant as the since retired NFL player with the same name, but he finished last year with a better save percentage than the previous year’s Vezina winner, and did it on a worse team.
- Jhonas Enroth, another guy who has proved he can put up very respectable numbers on teams that come in for a lot of derision.
- Justin Schultz as the youngest UFA defenseman to average more than 20 minutes last season, and an owner of a shiny new Stanley Cup ring, he is unlikely to land anywhere he doesn’t want to be.
- Loui Ericsson he returned 30 goal form and did it while playing a two hundred foot game. At thirty, he’s still got a couple good years in him and he has shown more willingness to play against grimy defenders than most fans in Dallas would have given him credit for.
- Kris Versteeg, the professional mover owns a couple cup rings, plays both right and left wing.
- Frans Nielsen, another twenty goal season under his belt, his strongest playoff run to date, and he put up more points than any other center available, and he’s good on the dot.