The Boston Bruins have cut almost another dozen players from the roster.
Here’s the breakdown.
- Bracken Kearns was released from his PTO. He never looked great, but was shifty in traffic.
- Chris Casto, as a defenseman he was a long show, especially with high draft picks ahead of him.
- Jared Knight, ill luck in previous years made this his best camp, and he honestly looked good enough to make some NHL teams.
- Matt Lindblad, with three of the four left wing spots locked down and the fourth probable, he never had a good shot at making the team.
- Joe Morrow I like what I see, but the blueline is very, very deep.
- Seth Griffith, possibly the most surprising cut from camp. He looked great with Bergeron and Marchand, really nice hands.
- Brian Ferlin, good wide body. Not surprised he was cut, will be less surprised when he’s called up at some point in the future.
- Alex Fallstrom, didn’t show me much at camp.
- Tyler Randell, has to clear waivers, but not likely to be picked up.
- Ben Sexton, didn’t distinguish himself.
- Zach Trotman, again a victim of depth, and possibly lack of hope.
There are players on this list who are better than Gagne or Leino, I’m pretty amazed that both are still in camp, particularly Leino.