This is a feature that will run about every two weeks with improbable stats and situations in the National Hockey League.
- that Roberto Luongo and Marc-Andre Fleury would not only have more starts than Craig Anderson but better stats too.
- that Tim Thomas would have more games played than Tomas Vokoun, Cam Ward and Anton Kudobin combined.
- Zach Parise of the Minnesota Wild would have more goals and points than Daniel Sedin of the Vancouver Canucks or any member of the New York Rangers
- that Jeff Carter’s mystery foot injury of a couple seasons back might not have been a product of not wanting to play or live in Columbus but be part of some other long term health issue.
- of the four players tied for the lead league in short handed goals at two, Bryan Little, Brandon Dubinsky, Brad Richardson, and Dwight King only King would be on a team currently in a playoff spot.
- of the 734 skaters to take the ice since the beginning of the season the only player with more than one overtime goal would be Florida Panthers discard and Vancouver Canucks bargain pickup Mike Santorelli.
- 22 games into the season none of the 14 game winning goals for the Pittsburgh Penguins would have come from Sidney Crosby, while Chuck Kobasew would own two.
- Josh Harding could be labeled the front runner for both the Vezina and the starting job on the Canadian Olympic team.
- the Detroit Red Wings would have more overtime losses than any other team in the NHL.
- through the first quarter of the season the Phoenix Coyotes would be fourth in goals per game at 3.29.
- the Boston Bruins, Anaheim Ducks, and Toronto Maple Leafs would be the only teams even or with a winning record when trailing after one period.
- with 23 games in the books the Buffalo Sabres would not have led at the end of the first period even once.
- of the four teams with a winning record when trailing first, three would be in the same division the San Jose Sharks, Anaheim Ducks, and Los Angeles Kings, while the Toronto Maple Leafs were the only team from outside the Pacific to do so.
- the Colorado Avalanche would be undefeated when scoring first.
- the Anaheim Ducks who are being outspent by 18 teams would lead the league in points.
- the Buffalo Sabres were projecting for less wins in this 82 game season than in last years lockout shortened one. (18 vs 21)