For this drinking game you’ll need two beverages. You mght want to pick drinks mathing your favorite team colors or just the two nearest things you can handle in volume.
Take One Sip:
- Every time scoring chances are mentioned.
- An opponent of from the previous round is mentioned.
- Jarome Iginla and Matt Bartkowski are mentioned in the same sentence.
- The cameras pan the crowd or the guy between the benches instead of a scrum.
- You know what a coach/player is going to say in an interview before they say it.
- Either team gets a five on three powerplay.
- Don Cherry makes more sense than anyone else the camera has been aimed at in the last ten minutes.
- If the trade deadline is mentioned.
- If Jagr’s time in Pittsburg is mentioned.
- If any mention is made of the number of Stanley Cup wins a players has.
- If the Nathan Horton vs Jarome Iginla fight is shown.
- A goaltending change is made.
- A pending UFA is mentioned.
- A full period passes where you don’t hear the name of the junior and or college team any player was drafted from.
- Anyone says a team is or isn’t getting bounces.
- The broadcast fails to show a faceoff but cuts in when the puck is already in motion.
- Two commericals for the smae company play in one commercial break.
- A period ends with more than a 10 shot difference between the teams.
Take One Sip:
- If Chara’s size is mentioned.
- If any of Crosby’s past injuries are mentioned.
- If a backup goaltender is shown.
- If either Coach is shown standing on the bench.
- Someone on sicial media says the offials are biased.
- Someone dangles so much they lose the puck with no one with no help from opposing players.
- James Neal or Tyler Seguin miss high and hit the glass with a shot.
- The broadcaster between the benches asks the guy(s) in the booth if they saw something going on in the game.
- Someone mentiones “line shuffling”.
- Any rookie is pointed out (Simone Despres and Beau Bennett for the Penguins, Torey Krug, Dougie Hamilton, Matt Bartkowski for the Bruins).
- A general manager or owner is shown.
- A fairly routine hockey play (faceoff win, goal, or saucer pass, etc) is described as “wizardy” or magic.
- The Bruins powerplay scores in a game.
- The Penguins get a shorthanded goal.
- A too many men penalty is called.
- A penalty is called that makes no sense.
- Matt Cooke’s hit on Marc Savard is mentioned.
Double Fist (1 sip of each)
- If the playoff win total of a coach is mentioned.
- Trades between the teams are mentioned.
- The age of a player or players are mentioned in relation to how long its been since the teams last played in the playoffs.
- The regular season series is mentioned.
- Any player is mentiond for a past award or current nomination.
- An obvious rule is explained for no reason.
- Some says the refs have swallowed their whistle.
- The compressed schedule in the regular season is mentioned.
- Everytime there’s an obvious dive that goes uncalled.
- If there is a fight where the combined salary is more than four million dollars.
- Players or officials are said to be sending a message.
Skip a drink if:
- You find yourself unable to scream coherently at a pinkhat.
- You start explaining a simple rule like “icing” and take longer than two minutes.
- You can’t remember which beverage to drink from.
- Both fourth lines are on the ice.
- A family member, girlfriend or spouse of a player is shown in the audience.
You can seriously injury yourself, destroy property, or even die even if your participation in this drinking game is nothing more than water. If you should happen to do something incredibly idiotic and entertaining during this drinking game that makes it to Youtube, TextsFromLastNight or other fun sites; do send a link. It won’t make your life better, but I’ll get a laugh too. No one is responsible for the stupid you commit but you.
Feel free to tweet @PuckSage as you play.