This season the Buffalo Sabres were expected by many to challenge for the very last Northeast Division title. The Boston Bruins were expected by most to fight like hell to win the division again. So far the Sabres have fired a head coach, declared open season on their roster, and wallowed around the bottom of the division and conference. The Bruins have missed out on acquiring future hall of fame inductee Jarome Iginla, traded away a world class goaltender the front office alienated, and had the decided displeasure of a rear view on the Montreal Canadien’s for much of the season.
You can seriously injury yourself, destroy property, or even die even if your participation in this drinking game is nothing more than water. If you should happen to do something incredibly idiotic and entertaining during this drinking game that makes it to Youtube, TextsFromLastNight or other fun sites; do send a link. It won’t make your life better, but I’ll get a laugh too. No one is responsible for the stupid you commit but you. Enjoy!
Take 1 Drink Whenever:
- Lindy Ruff is mentioned
- Jordan Leopold or other former members of the Sabres are mentioned.
- The word “lethargic” is applied to either team.
- The size of Zdeno Chara, Tyler Myers, Nathan Gerbe, or Tyler Ennis is mentioned.
Take 2 Drinks Whenever:
- Sidney Crosby is mentioned.
- Jarome Iginla is mentioned.
- An announcer uses “shakeup” in discussing either teams problems.
- The Lucic/Miller collision is mentioned.
- Someone says they don’t like an officials call.
Take 3 Drinks Whenever:
- Someone mentions players needing to wear visors or full cages.
- Ryan Clowe is mentioned on tv, twitter or radio in connection with the Bruins.
- Someone says “fire sale”, “wholesale changes”, or “rebuild” about the Sabres.
- John Scott skates more than 2:25 seconds in a period.
Take 4 Drinks Whenever:
- Game of Thrones is mentioned or alluded to.
- Someone makes a trade deadline prediction.
- Peter Chiarelli or Darcy Regier are mentioned or shown on tv.
- There is a mention of any teams scouts.
- Between periods.
- Whenever Mike Milbury makes the least sense in an intermission.
- Whenever Doc goes more than four minutes of game play without using; knife, stab, or pitchfork.
- If Patrick Kaleta, Andrew Ference, John Scott or Shawn Thornton score a goal.
Skip a drink;
- You start to have faith the Sabres will make the playoffs.
- You think the Bruins will fall out of the playoffs.
- You think Liam McHugh is funny.
- Greg Campbell wins a fight.