This is a feature that will run about every two weeks with improbable stats and situations in the National Hockey League.
- the Saint Louis Blues would enter action on March 1st with a chance to go home first in the NHL.
- the New York Rangers would have scored the least goals of any of the eight playoff teams in the east and still hold first in the Atlantic and the east…
- the Colorado Avalanche would be in 9th place in the west and still hold a better road record than the Detroit Red Wings
- the Phoenix Coyotes would sit atop the Pacific Division with more regulation wins in less games than the rest of the division
- of the NHL’s top five penalty kills, two; Montreal Canadiens and Los Angeles Kings would belong to non playoff teams
- the Big Bad Boston Bruins would be 24th in total hits
- only one of the top five teams in blocked shots would be in playoff position, the New York Rangers
- Mike Smith would win all 11 games in the month of February without anyone noticing
- Jaroslav Halak could have a .925sv% a 1.94gaa and still have to fight for ice time.
- Corey Crawford would make 46 appearances and be without a shutout.
- Marc-Andre Fleury would lead the NHL in shootout wins
- in 44 games Kari Lethonen would have given up no short handed goals
- despite missing a rash of games to injury Dustin Byfugelien would be third in NHL scoring by defensemen
- Nik Kronwall, Dennis Seidenberg, Francios Beauchemin, Brent Seabrook, would be the only defensemen with triple digits in shots, hits, and blocked shots